WEST UNION, Ohio – Two Adams County sheriff’s deputies are recovering after being exposed to a drug, officials said.
Adams County Sheriff Kimmy Rogers said his department is waiting on blood work to be complete to see what drug the two were exposed to.
According to Rogers, deputies Brandon Asbury and Will Newlind were exposed to the drug when stopping a car in Manchester.
“They searched a guy and found caps with white powder in them,” Rogers said.
According to reports, the officers were exposed to the drug when they broke open one of the capsules.
Rogers said the two deputies later got sick at the same time in different locations. One of the deputies informed Rogers that he was having chest pains and was requesting to go to the emergency room, according to reports.
“Both went to the Adams County Hospital,” Rogers said. “One was Narcaned by the life squad.”
According to reports, Narcan, a drug used to reverse the effects of an overdose, was used twice on one of the deputies.
Both deputies will be off work for a few weeks, but are expected to recover. Sheriff Rogers said they were in good condition as of press time.
There was no information available late Friday on the outcome of the traffic stop.