FLEMINGSBURG — This summer’s not only bringing high heat, but also $8 million in new blacktop and other state highway repairs to northeast Kentucky.
In May and June, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet awarded 19 contracts for road and bridge work in Bath, Boyd, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Greenup, Lewis, Mason, Nicholas and Rowan counties, according to KYTC spokesperson Allen Blair.
And, with that work, motorists will see an increase in work zones over the next few months of summer, Blair said. The Transportation Cabinet reminds motorists to drive safely wherever road work is taking place, and remember that both drivers and workers are at risk.
Please remember to buckle up, slow down – many construction zones will have reduced speed limits – put down the phone and reduce distractions, keep a safe traveling distance between vehicles to ensure proper braking, and obey all warning signs and flaggers.
Work zones coming soon to northeast Kentucky counties include:
– Kentucky 156 (Poplar Plains Road) in Fleming County, preventive maintenance (scrub seal) from Kentucky11 to Farris Road, $151,902 contract to H.G. Mays Corporation
– Kentucky 1895 (Maxey Flats), paving between Harris Lane and Kentucky32; and Kentucky1722 (Colfax), paving from Spurlock Road to Kentucky111 at Grange City, $420,471 contract to H.G. Mays Corporation
– Kentucky 367 (Nepton Road) from Kentucky170 to the Mason County line; and Kentucky888 (Buffalo Trace Road), from Kentucky367 to Mason County line, preventive maintenance (cape seal), $243,989 contract to H.G. Mays Corporation
– Helena Road and Stockyard Road (Kentucky 559 and Kentucky 2508) paving in Flemingsburg, $94,482 contract to H.G. Mays Corporation
– Kentucky 32 (Elizaville Road), paving from Elizaville to Cassidy Pike, $255,125 contract to H.G. Mays Corporation
– Kentucky 32 (Morehead Road/Flemingsburg Bypass), paving from Kentucky 11-Mount Sterling Avenue to Kentucky 32X, $357,766 contract to H.G. Mays Corporation
– Kentucky 111, paving from the Bath County line to Fox Creek, $51,408 contract to H.G. Mays Corporation
– Kentucky 57, slide repair near Sycamore Creek Road; Kentucky 989 (Salt Lick), paving and slide repair from Pine Valley Road to north of Runyon Hollow, $619,950 contract to Hinkle Environmental Services LLC
– Kentucky 2515 (Clarks Run Road), paving from US 68X to end of state maintenance, $144,653 contract to H.G. Mays Corporation
– Kentucky 1235 (Dover-Minerva Road) from Kentucky 435 to Kentucky 8; Kentucky 560 from the Fleming County line to US 68; and Kentucky 1448 (Stone Lick) from North Knoweshaw Road to Kentucky9, paving, $449,730 contract to H.G. Mays Corporation
Paving and repair projects will be scheduled, and are expected to be completed within the current construction season – summer or fall 2018 through spring 2019. Motorists are reminded to drive safely through all work zones by slowing down, obeying signs and flaggers, and reducing distractions.