FLEMINGSBURG – Fleming County Fiscal Court re-established tax rates for the new fiscal court year recently.
Fiscal court met Tuesday morning to discuss tax rates. According to Fleming County Judge-Executive Larry Foxworthy, a motion was made to set the 2018 real property, personal property ,and motor vehicle tax rates as the same rate as last year at 16 cents per $100 property value for each. Last year the rate generated $1,085,771.59 in revenue and this fiscal court year magistrates are expecting the rate to bring in $1,002,000.
Other topics discussed included:
– Approval of Foxworthy’s recommendation to reappoint three board members to serve another term on the Fox Creek Watershed Conservancy District Board— Dave Watson, term Aug. 15, 2018-Aug. 15, 2022; Marsha McCartney, term Aug. 15, 2018-Aug. 15, 2022; and Woodie Reeves, term Sept. 15, 2018-Sept.15, 2022.
– Approved KTC agreement for discretionary funding in the amount of $208,000 to resurface McIntire Road and Story Branch Road.
– Approved Altius tower rental lease agreement.
– Approved renewal of the grant application for illegal dump cleanup funding
– Approved renewal of the grant application for litter abatement program funding